Public commission on investigation and prevention of the human rights violation in Ukraine began to compile a list of public officials, connected to the illegal use of force against protesters.
“The decision of the Commission is consistent with the intentions of the Council of the European Union, namely to determine a list of Ukrainian officials to whom personal sanctions will be applied,” stated Committee Chairman, Volodymyr Vasylenko, Doctor of Law, Professor of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine, and a judge of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (2002-2005). The corresponding message is posted on Commission’s web page.
In the process of chronicling the violations of human rights in Ukraine, the Commission is compiling a list of officials involved in the repression of the Ukrainian people. At this stage the list already includes first 25 individuals:
- Viktor Yanukovych – former president of Ukraine
- Andiy Klyuev – former head of the presidential administration, former secretary of the National Security and Defense Council (NSDC)
- Sergiy Arbuzov – former acting Prime minister
- Vitaliy Zakharchenko – former minister of interior affairs
- Viktor Pshonka – fomer prosecutor general
- Andriy Portnov – first deputy of the head of presidential administration
- Olena Lukash – minister of justice
- Yuriy Boyko – deputy prime minister
- Leonid Kozhara – minster of foreign affairs
- Volodymyr Rybak – speaker of the Ukrainian parliament
- Mykola Azarov – former prime minister
- Оleksandr Popov – former head of the Kyiv City State Administration
- Volodymyr Sivkovych – deputy secretary of the NSDC
- Valeriy Koriak – head of Chief Directorate of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in Kyiv
- Petro Fedchuk – deputy head of Chief Directorate of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in Kyiv
- Volodymyr Oliynyk – member of parliament of Ukraine
- Оleksandr Efremov – member of parliament of Ukraine
- Yuriy Miroshnichenko – member of parliament of Ukraine
- Vadym Kolesnichenko – member of parliament of Ukraine
- Мykhailo Chechetov – member of parliament of Ukraine
- Оleksandr Tsaryov – member of parliament of Ukraine
- Оlena Bondarenko – member of parliament of Ukraine
- Genadiy Kernes – mayor of Kharkiv
- Mykhailo Dobkin – head of State Administration of Kharkiv Oblast
- Volodymyr Konstantynov – head of Crimea’s parliament
Following the examination of existing and additional evidences, the Commission will expand this list. In the future the list may serve as a basis for further prosecution of suspects in Ukrainian and international courts.
Volodymyr Vasylenko noted that the Commission joined the mass campaign of Ukrainians to submit applications to the European Court of Human Rights regarding the violation of their right for freedom of peaceful assembly, guaranteed by the Constitution of Ukraine and the European Convention on Human Rights.